The comment period for the Determination of National Environmental Policy Act Adequacy (DNA) for Cline Butte Recreation Area is open, and the last day to submit comments is September 21st.
The DNA proposes to:
• Designate the non-motorized trail system described in the proposed action which includes, hiking, equestrian, and biking trails.
• Construct proposed hiking, equestrian, biking, and trails listed in the proposed action (including trails that will connect the Cascade View, Cline Butte, and Maston riding areas.
• Maintain all trails listed in the proposed action.
• Construct an official parking area on the eastside of the buttes; Buttes East Trailhead.
• Install a CXT toilet at the Buttes East Trailhead.
• Install adequate trail related signs throughout the region discussed in the proposed action.
• Close user-built trails that are not included as the official trails described in the proposed action.
• Create an official map of the designated trail system and make it available to the public.
You can comment online, and written comments or questions should be sent to Lisa Clark, Deschutes Field Office Manager at 3050 NE Third Street; Prineville, OR 97754, or submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo complements of NW Horse Trails.
The Oregon Horse Council is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit that works to strengthen, connect, and represent Oregon’s equine industry.