Travel Oregon’s Agri-Tourism Committee has compiled a wonderful handbook with tips, rules, and guidance for starting or expanding your equine business for tourists. https://industry.traveloregon.com/opportunities/marketing-co-ops-toolkits/toolkits/welcome-oregon-agritourism-handbook/
- Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI)
- Oregon Employment Department
- Worksource Oregon
HOW TO START A BUSINESS
Secretary of State Dennis Richardson announced the release of a series of videos to help Oregon entrepreneurs start their small businesses.
“One of my top priorities for the Corporations Division is to make doing business in Oregon as simple as possible, and these new videos do just that,” said Richardson.
The “Start a Business” video series can be found through the Secretary of State website. These videos compliment the Business Xpress Startup Toolkit.
Business Xpress is Oregon’s one-stop shop for all things business.
Videos in the series include:
An overview of the process and the Business Xpress Startup Toolkit
- Step 1 – Choosing a name and legal structure
- Step 2 – Registering your business name
- Step 3 – Getting your tax numbers
- Step 4 – Insurance and bond information
- Step 5 – Business licenses based on location and trade
- Step 6 – Understanding employer obligations
- An overview of some of the state agencies small businesses might encounter
“Starting a business may seem overwhelming with endless details, but it’s actually pretty straightforward,” said Ruth Miles, Small Business Advocate for the Secretary of State. “When someone wants to start a business in Oregon, it’s our job to clear the obstacles and show the way.”
CONTRACTS & AGREEMENTS
Many businesses need to set up contracts and waivers prior to beginning, this is especially true in boarding, lessons, camps, trainings, trail rides, and sales. We recommend that you always consult with a professional so that these documents can be customized to your situation and to Oregon – this provides you the best layer of protection! Kathryn A. Hall, PC, owner of www.pnwequinelaw.com, is one of the top equine attorneys in the northwest and can help you through the process.