High energy, positive person who loves and can handle horses to join our professional ambulatory veterinary team! This position is available starting September 7th.
Seeking Candidate with the following for a Full Time Veterinary Assistant position:
• Training in veterinary or medical setting or equivalent work experience required
• Prefer three plus years experience in handling, restraining and caring for horses for the protection of self, doctor, patient and others.
• Honest, Mature, Reliable, Trustworthy, Compassionate
• Good communication skills; comfortable speaking with clients, collecting information, providing info to clients within the scope of their role
• Enjoy a variety of tasks
• History of demonstrating good judgment, critical thinking and initiative
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office products and Impromed –Triple Crown a plus
• Valid Oregon driver’s license and clean driving record required
• Nature of job requires flexible schedule
Please note that because of the nature of this business, hours per week are likely to vary depending on the amount of calls and the season
Qualified persons are encouraged to send a resume to 1960 NE 25th Ave Suite 20 Hillsboro, Oregon 97124 or fax to 503-648-3504. You may also e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have the qualifying horse handling experience or a flexible schedule, please do not apply.
The Oregon Horse Council is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit that works to strengthen, connect, and represent Oregon’s equine industry.