The Oregon Trails Coalition was proud to serve with a diverse group of stakeholders on the Governor’s Task Force on the Outdoors and work together to create a framework of recommended policy changes, investments, and initiatives to:
- Serve everyone: ensure outdoor recreation opportunities are diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Unite centrally: strengthen collaboration and organizational effectiveness among state leaders.
- Cooperate locally: empower local and statewide action on the ground among public and private organizations.
- Invest: accelerate public and private investments in the outdoor recreation sector.
- Act boldly: catalyze innovative policies and legislation.
We believe the framework will forward critical trails investments in the state as well as increase equity, balance outdoor recreation access with conservation, and strengthen Oregon communities.
We also want to thank the more than 200 Oregon Trails Coalition partners who signed on to our June letter in support of Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) investments in trails, equity initiatives, and the Office of Outdoor Recreation (OREC). OREC is funded through December, and we will work with our partners to ensure we have the office’s leadership and collaborative hub long into the future.
The Oregon Horse Council is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit that works to strengthen, connect, and represent Oregon’s equine industry.