Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager, Riding Academy, provides oversight of the year-round Riding Academy(RA) and camp programs, RA instructors, students/riders, interns, and works in partnership with the Equine Health Advisor, and Contracted Instructors on arena schedule, stable management, planned events, and equine health.
75% of Position:
• Evaluating all Lessons with Instructors for Rider Assessment Levels
• Identify open lesson slots and filling those slots with appropriate Riders based on skill level of rider to match lesson.
• Onboarding of all new riders, including scheduling, waivers, and introduction to the program.
• Responding to all cancellations, lesson time changes requests, and scheduling of all Make-ups.
• Assign Equine Partners to all Lesson and to Riders.
• Monitor all RA Horses for medical and soundness issues. Recommend corrective action.
• Keeping Equine Office up to date so that billing can be completed by General Manager.
• Scheduling of evaluation rides for new and current Riders.
• Responding to all camp registrations.
• With General Manager, determine proper staffing needs to include Instructors, Interns and Volunteers for the Riding Academy.
• Supervise and Schedule all Instructors for both Lessons and Camps.
• Coordinate and participate in Riding Academy Advisory Group Meetings
• Make recommendation for RA policy changes to General Manager for Board Approval
• Other Duties as Assigned.
25% of position:
• Instruct approximately 8 RA Lessons
• Provide Coverage for Absent Instructors.
● Degree in management, or related field; or commensurate experience
● At least 5 years of relevant experience
● Successful passage of criminal and background check, including references
● $35,600 yearly Full-Time Exempt
LOH is a non-profit corporation based on a membership model. Everyone is welcome to enjoy our facility and to apply for membership, but membership is NOT necessary to enjoy most of our programs. We also offer full service boarding, with premier feed and turnout. LOH consists of 19 acres conveniently located in Lake Oswego, just 10 minutes from downtown Portland. Our riding academy, training programs, and shows are open to the public! LOH is a Northwest treasure, too. It turned 75 in 2012, and is on the National Registry of Historic Places.