- This event has passed.
Repro 101: So you think you want to breed your mare?
December 2, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Have you ever wondered where foals come from? In this hour, Dr. Sera Moran will discuss the fundamentals of horse breeding.
- The mare’s reproductive cycle, including the behaviors and hormones involved
- How we use ultrasound to assess where the mare is in her cycle, and to optimize our timing to breed her when she is the most fertile
- How artificial insemination works, and how you can breed to a stallion across the country or even around the world
- What we look for during pregnancy checks
- How you can best prepare your mare (and your veterinarian) to optimize your chance of success
This seminar is targeted to owners who are not yet familiar with equine reproduction; however more experienced breeders are welcome to attend in order to brush up on the basics. Dr. Moran will be happy to entertain any repro-related questions.
The presentation is FREE to attend and dinner will be provided, courtesy of Zoetis.