- This event has passed.
Repro 101: So you think you want to breed your mare?
December 2 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Have you ever wondered where foals come from? In this hour, Dr. Sera Moran will discuss the fundamentals of horse breeding.
- The mare’s reproductive cycle, including the behaviors and hormones involved
- How we use ultrasound to assess where the mare is in her cycle, and to optimize our timing to breed her when she is the most fertile
- How artificial insemination works, and how you can breed to a stallion across the country or even around the world
- What we look for during pregnancy checks
- How you can best prepare your mare (and your veterinarian) to optimize your chance of success
This seminar is targeted to owners who are not yet familiar with equine reproduction; however more experienced breeders are welcome to attend in order to brush up on the basics. Dr. Moran will be happy to entertain any repro-related questions.
The presentation is FREE to attend and dinner will be provided, courtesy of Zoetis.
Cascadia Equine Veterinary Clinic was founded in 2007 by Dr. Chris Wickliffe. The clinic services the Willamette Valley from Keizer to Junction City and from the Coast to the Cascades. The clinic was fully mobile until the spring of 2021 when the Tangent facility was opened. Cascadia Equine currently has three veterinarians on staff, Dr. Chris Wickliffe, Dr. Kelsey Palsgaard and Dr. Sera Moran. Cascadia Equine has dual services whether you need fully mobile services stall side or can haul into the Tangent Clinic. Services include motorized dental floats, lameness exams, radiographs, ultrasounds, pre-purchase exams, reproduction services, therapeutic treatments and much more. Call or text 541-207-8308 to schedule your appointment today.